Friday, May 26, 2017

Thank You, Lord. You Blessed Me...You ARE so Good!!

I shared in my post detailing my sewing room or sewing area that one of my goals for my sewing space was to upgrade both my sewing machine and serger along with having a custom designed sewing table made.  I have found someone that will construct me a sewing table this fall.

I started sewing with a Singer.  Bought a Viking Emerald sewing machine in 2011.

Learned how to serge on a Singer serger and traded that for a Viking Huskylock serger in 2012.

Learned that there was a serger that used air to thread the loopers.  A babylock.  Wanted one.  Started saving my pennies and began shopping and priced them this spring.  Expensive.

Happened upon an ad showing a babylock air threaded serger for sale.

Called on it.  Was still available.

Drove 2-1/2 hours to check it out.  Liked what I saw and bought it.

Will need to learn how to operate my new-to-me serger.  Before driving to see the machine, I did a google search on the model.  Found out it's a good machine with some very nice features.  Babylock Imagine.


The serger came with the original manual and cheat sheet.  Some small tools, needles, plastic cover and foot pedal.  The seller gave me four bags partially full of Maxi-lock coned thread.  Various colors. That is a big blessing.  I use only Maxi-lock thread with my serger.

I've found the sewing machine (a babylock) that I want to upgrade to.  Will save for it and watch for a good deal or bargain.  My Viking serger will be gifted to a woman that sews and has been wanting a serger.  Not sure what I will do with my Viking machine.  Is a good machine.  Runs good, have taken good care of it.

Worked a bit last night on the next block on the Dutch Treat Design - They followed the Star. Took a detour on my trip today and picked up some more DMC #5 pearl cotton thread.  Should have enough now to finish the tabletopper.


They Followed the Star Tabletopper
Dutch Treat Designs
18ct Ivory Anne Cloth, DMC #5 Pearl Cotton Threads
Stitching 1 over 2
Started 10/21/16
Progress as of 05/25/17
Number of Days Spent Stitching on This Piece So Far - 4